INTERREG PROJECT SLAM 2021: Expression of interest for participation by the projects
May 21, 2021
Background of the Interreg Project Slam
Each year, Interact organises the ‘Interreg Project Slam’, an initiative that features original performances by Interreg projects, using storytelling techniques, to share the benefits of their work with a European audience both at the EURegionsWeek and through a digital campaign ahead.
Interact facilitates and supports the programmes and projects, providing guidance and training to unlock effective communication of the projects and their results.
The 'Interreg Project Slam' competition normally opens in spring each year, with finalists being identified and supported over the summer. The final performance is on a key stage at EURegionsWeek in Brussels.
You can watch a summary of the online Interreg Project Slam 2020 here.
A renewed concept for Interreg Project Slam 2021
In 2021 most EU-wide activities will take place online again.In 2021 the Interreg Project Slam will be in connection with the European Cooperation Day Campaign in the week of 21 September.
In 2021, the Interreg Project Slam will focus on the achievements of Interreg Programmes in the 2014-2020 period, Interact welcomes stories, based on project’s results, focusing on their achievements, and told in a form of a story.
To help you do this work of telling your stories, Interact provides free training courses in May and June 2021, involving experts to help us craft better stories, faster.
For this year’s edition, there will not be different thematic categories, like in the previous editions. We are just looking for the best story that anyone can understand and that makes your programme shine!
Participants in Interreg Project Slam 2021
Participation is open to all Interreg programmes, including Interreg IPA-CBC and Interreg ENI CBC programmes. In order to take part in the “Interreg Project Slam 2021", applications must be submitted by a Managing Authority or Joint Secretariat of an Interreg programme, taking full responsibility for participation in this initiative.
Each programme shall identify their most appropriate story, and submit an application following a “storytelling structure”. Programmes may submit up to 2 applications per programme.
The application process
- Each programme shall identify their most appropriate story, and submit an application following a “storytelling structure”. Programmes may submit up to 2 applications per programme. The application process will be open from 18 May until 18 June 2021. Before the closing date, training courses in storytelling will be provided in May and June 2020 by Interact with the support of experts in communication. Interact will organise two webinars to share detailed information on the methodology and the technical details for submitting an application.
- Once you have your “story” ready, you will be able to submit it from 18 May until 18 June 2021.
- A internal jury will evaluate the applications and select a shortlist of 10 finalists.
- The 10 finalists will then have the opportunity to produce a video based on their story. For this, they will benefit from coaching support from Interact and a financial support to use local professional filming services (a support up to 3,000 EUR) in order to create a high quality video presenting their ‘story’ in a, clear, exciting, and entertaining way. Your creativity is welcome! The deadline for submitting videos is 15 September 2021.
- The 10 finalist videos will later be uploaded to Interact’s Facebook page for a Social Media Campaign. The Social Media Campaign will have a duration of one week in order to boost the interest and visibility of the project Slam itself. It will run in connection to the European Cooperation Day campaign, as we want to maximise visibility and communication of the programme’s achievements.
- A Grand Final will take place online (via Zoom) on the week of 21 September 2021 (exact date to be confirmed), and all the 10 finalist videos will be presented there! After each video, we will have a quick chat with each programme about the story and how they were able to transform into a video. Similar to earlier editions, we will open a live poll to the audience, and ask for their favourite video!
- The winner of the “Interreg Project Slam 2021” will be selected by the live audience through a live electronic voting system. The second and third place projects will also be recognized and awarded, and diplomas offered to the rest of finalists.
Indicative timeline of the process
Applications for the Interreg Project Slam: 18 May - 18 June 2021
Training activities for applicants:
- Training to applicants 3 June
- Training to applicants 8 June
Closure of the Call : 18 June 2021
Assessment and selection of finalists: 21 - 30 June 2021
Preparation and filming of videos: 1 July - 15 september 2021
Submission of the videos: 15 September 2021
Social Media Campaign: 16 - 22 September 2021 exact date TBC
Interreg Project Slam Grand Finale: week of 21 September 2021. exact date TBC
Please watch the videos presented last year in the Interreg Project Slam 2020, as inspiration and possible pattern to follow:
Video | Interreg Project Slam 2020
Video | NonHazCity | Interreg Project Slam 2020
Video | INNOQUARTER | Interreg Project Slam 2020
Video | HITRO | Interreg Project Slam 2020
Video | Walk of Peace | Interreg Project Slam 2020
Video | CIAK | Interreg Project Slam 2020
Terms and conditions for participation
- The contest is open to any Interreg programme (Cross-Border, Transnational, Interregional, Interreg IPA-CBC, Interreg ENI-CBC).
- The employees of the European institutions, Interact Programme, their hosting institutions and their relatives are not eligible to take part.
- Any and all participants must be over the age of 18.
- Programmes must submit only applications where they are sure that related staff is willing and available to come and participate in the event: this must be verified, in due time, with the identified staff and accordingly to deadlines.
- Participants with different accents in English are welcome, as long as their speech is clearly understandable.
- The submission of videos is mandatory for the final phase. All the videos need to be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo platforms.
- The videos could be later merged into one to create a teaser to build momentum for the event and/or reused for other communication purposes.
- Participants are responsible for any costs or expenses incurred as a result of participation in the Interreg Project Slam 2021. Some financial support could be provided and paid by Interact, with previous consultation.
- Participants and winners agree that they may be required to take part in publicity or other promotional activities without further consent or payment as later determined by Interact. Such publicity may include their names, videos, as well as any contributions in the online contest.
- The participant hereby grants Interact and the EU institutions the rights necessary for distribution and public display of any submitted text, image, or other intellectual property rights that may arise from participation in this contest, the prizes or related publicity, and hereby grants Interact and the EU institutions the perpetual right to exclusively, royalty-free and unlimited use, to edit, reproduce, distribute, translate, and publicly display or publish any such intellectual property, for whatever purpose, in any form or medium, either on this website or elsewhere, for promotional activities or events arranged by Interact or the EU institutions, whether locally or world-wide.
- Any personal information, including the participant’s name, age, address (including postcode) and e-mail address will be used solely in connection with this contest and will not be disclosed to any third party except for the purpose of this contest (including subsequent promotions as stated in these terms and conditions).
- By submitting your video, you confirm that EACH identifiable person who appears in your video has granted the rights to be recorded on video in image, likeness and sound of voice.
- Interact does not take any responsibility for late or lost entries.
- You must supply full details as required by this call and comply with all rules to be eligible for the contest and prize(s). No responsibility is accepted for ineligible applications.
- Once applications are received, Interact will check all details for suitability of content matter before posting.
- The videos should not contain any offensive or inappropriate language or content.
- The applications must be submitted in English as well as all the other relevant documents required for the application.
- Videos must not exceed the aggreed duration. If the video does not meet these requirements, it will be disqualified.
- Only one video per application is allowed.
- The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged. No cash or credit alternatives will be offered. If, due to circumstances beyond Interact’s control, Interact is unable to provide the stated awards, Interact reserves the right to award as substitute a prize of equal or higher value.
- Interact may decide to award additional prizes according to budget availability.
- Please use royalty free music or original music that you have obtained the right for.
- If a pre-selected applicant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, Interact reserves the right to offer proceed to the next one.
- Your participation in the contest, including being selected to present, in no manner constitutes an endorsement or support by Interact or the EU institutions of your views, aims, or of any products or services.
- By submitting one application, the participants accept the official rules of the contest.
- Promotion of any award will be the sole responsibility of the respective project and programme and Interact will not be responsible for producing any material or visuals in this respect. Interact will reserve its right to validate and authorise the use of any material or visual elaborated by projects mentioning the Project Slam contest.
More info HERE